Moscow: Mosfilm, 1964. Two vintage photographs from the four-fim series, released between 1966 and 1967, showing director Sergey Bondarchuk on a large outdoor battle set. With Italian mimeo snipes, and stamps of a magazine archive dated August 19, 1964 on the verso.
An epic production, based on Leo Tolstoy's 1869 novel, at the time the most expensive film ever made in the Soviet Union. Filmed over six years, with the photographs offered here from the midpoint of the production, and released in four parts in 1966 and 1967, running a totla of just over seven hours. Winner of an Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
Photographs 9 x 5.25 and 9.25 x 6.5 inches. Near Fine.