Original Works Progress Administration [WPA] stencil, circa 1930s

N.p. N.p., Circa 1930s. Bold, angularly-lettered stencil, presumably used to brand WPA material and equipment (trucks, bulldozers, etc...) during the program's narrow but historic era of operation during the Great Depression. Acquired from the remnants of a Southern Indiana print shop active in the 1930's.

24" x 9.5" x .25 inches, masonite panel with "W P A" cut precisely into a stencil. Small archival repair to the verso of the stencil at the center where it once had a clean break. Some paint residue and stray pencil markings to front, mild handling wear, soil to verso, all told fragile but complete and Very Good.


[Book #157786]