Mexico: N.p., 1959. Vintage oversize borderless black-and-white press photograph of director Luis Bunuel and cinematographer Gabriel Figueroa behind the camera in Mexico during the making of the 1959 film (a French-Mexican co-production released during Bunuel's Mexican period). Mexican stamp of photographer Georges Yves Massart on the verso.
Handwritten text on the verso reads (in Spanish): "One of the scenes should have been shot in a very modern stable but it was impossible to find such a facility within the Mexico area. Luis Bunuel decided to shoot at the race track, this is why horses appear instead of cows as written in the script."
Shot on location in the towns of Tetecala and Tepoztlan in Morelos, Mexico.
8 x 10 inches (20 x 25.5cm). Near Fine.