Archive of 19 original photographs relating to the Princeton Film Center, circa 1948

[Princeton Film Center] [Gordon Knox]

Princeton, NJ: The Princeton Film Center, Circa 1948. Archive of 19 vintage photographs relating to the Princeton Film Center (PFC), including five photographs of the custom vehicles used by the studio for on-location shooting, twelve photographs of the studio interior, one photograph of the studio exterior, and one photograph of a scale model of the studio. Nine photographs with PFC stamps on the verso.

The PFC was founded in 1941 in Princeton, New Jersey, by Texan-born filmmaker Gordon Knox. Focusing on documentary short and feature films, the studio was heavily active during World War II, when it produced a number of educational films for the US Armed Forces, state and federal government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and private sector clients including Boeing. Initially operating out of the sunroom of Knox's home, the studio would relocate twice, ultimately settling into a state-of-the-art facility five miles from Princeton, equipped with a massive sound stage, a theater, a commissary for the employees, and an entire wing dedicated to the studio's film library and distribution department.

10 x 8 inches. Generally Near Fine, some with light wear at the corners and faint age toning.


[Book #160707]